Since the beginning of my career, I have been lucky to receive tremendous help from other photographers, mentors and workshop leaders. As a way of paying it forward, I would like to offer semi-informal portfolio reviews and mentorship discussions. Here is how things work:
- Once or twice a week, I will run an hour long one-on-one mentorship discussion with someone. The format will be half an hour portfolio review of some of your work, either a specific project you are working on or a general overview of your current portfolio, and half an hour of Q&A on whatever questions or concerns about the photo industry you want to talk about.
- Though I will remain reachable by email after the session, this is designed to be a one-off thing.
- The instruction will be on skype video, unless you happen to be in Chamonix and manage to catch me there. It can be in either English or French.
- This is completely free. At no point will I ever ask you for money, nor try to upsell you Lightroom presets, instruction videos or anything. You can pay me back by producing good work and being an outstanding member of the larger photography community.
- This is open to anyone who is serious about a career in photography. You may be a photography student, considering a career change or in the first few years of being a professional. You need to already have a decent body of work so that there is something to review in the first place!
- Because the photo industry suffers from a big representation issue and is so overwhelmingly white and male, priority will be given to photographers identify as women, people of color and LGBTQ.
- I will gladly review photography in any style, medium and genre, though of course there are areas I know better (adventure, humanitarian) than others (fine art, food).
- Please respect my time, make sure you are on time or slightly early, make sure you are calling from a quiet place with a good internet connection and that skype, your microphone and all other equipment work properly.
- Finally, though I will of course do everything I can to avoid this situation, I reserve the right to unilaterally cancel or reschedule any session.
To get a spot, you simply have to send me a quick email with a paragraph summarizing who you are, telling me a little bit about your work and what you would like to discuss during our session. Please make sure to include a link to your work (portfolio website, flickr gallery, even your Instagram feed). I will be in touch shortly to try to schedule a time for our session.